Terms & Conditions
T & C - Digital CN
Applicability: These conditions apply to the carriage by DTDC, of the consignments booked under this consignment note from and between specific locations within the territory of India by utilizing single or multimodal transport options. These conditions supersede any other terms or conditions, and agreement, oral or written. The Customer confirms that he does not rely upon or claim any other terms, warrants, conditions or representations relating to the use of the services provided by DTDC. Rights and liabilities of DTDC and the Parties are governed by the terms and conditions set out herein below and this constitutes a binding contract between DTDC and the Parties.
- Delivery” means tendering of a consignment to a recipient or intimation about arrival of the consignment to a recipient at the destination.
- “DTDC” means DTDC Express Limited or any of its channel partners or authorized representatives.C. “Parties” means and includes Sender & Recipient or their authorized representatives.
- “Parties” means and includes Sender & Recipient or their authorized representatives.
- “Sender” means the person or organization tendering a consignment to DTDC for delivery and “Recipient” means the person or an organization entitled to receive the consignment.
- “Shipment” or “Consignment” means a document or a non document booked under a consignment note by the parties irrespective of the number of packages, value, commodity etc.
- “Freight” means the transportation charges alone, and it excludes taxes and any specific charges applicable for any value added services.
- “Declared value for carriage” shall mean the value assigned by the sender for the purposes of unrecoverable damage to or loss of consignment while the same is in the custody of DTDC. “Declared value for Carriage” shall be applicable when the sender insures the goods externally and chooses “Owner Risk” and also when the consignment is opted to be covered under “Carrier Risk”.
- The Parties confirm that this Consignment Note is prepared either by the Sender or by a DTDC staff acting as agent under the instruction of the Parties and its contents are binding on the Parties.
- The consignment note is issued strictly based on the declaration given by the parties at the time of booking. The Parties shall remain solely liable for any consequences arising out of any false or wrongful declaration.
- The sender shall provide complete address of sender and recipient along with valid contact telephone numbers and correct Postal Index Number (PIN code). Any service failure arising out of any defect in such details shall be at the sole responsibility & risk of the parties.
- The Parties agree that the services undertaken by DTDC under this Consignment Note are conditional on the Parties making payment of freight and all other charges payable in respect of the consignment.
- The Parties shall make all such payments as may be required by the statutory bodies or Municipal or State/Central Government agencies with respect to any Consignment during transit or at the time of delivery.
- If any discrepancy in weight is found post acceptance of a consignment and if the actual weight or volumetric weight is greater than the declared weight, then the differential applicable charges shall be collected from the Parties.
- In the event of any consignment being held up by any statutory authorities such as, but not limited to, Goods and Services Tax, Excise, Customs, Check-Post officials, etc., DTDC shall not be responsible for any consequential losses or for refund of freight charges. Further, the Parties agree to make good to DTDC any losses incurred by DTDC, in the form of taxes/ duties, fines and penalties levied by statutory authorities arising out of insufficiency of documents or wrongful declaration and any claims, if any, from any other entity affected because of delays arising out of issues related to such consignments.
- Packing and Labeling: It is the sender’s obligation to ensure adequate packing for the purpose of carriage with normal care in handling.
- Items not acceptable for carriage: The Parties hereby declare that the consignment covered under this consignment note does not include any articles restricted to be carried in courier mode, contrabands or such commodities which can cause safety hazard as specified by the current edition of IATA DG regulation.
- Perishable Articles: Parties shall not tender for transportation any consignment containing perishable articles having shelf life of less than 7 days. DTDC shall not be liable for any loss or damage to any such consignment arising consequent to any delay in delivery.
- Inspection of consignment: DTDC has the right at its option or at the request of competent authorities to open consignments at any time to inspect the contents of the consignment as part of the acceptance process and/or at various DTDC consignment handling points and/or at airline security gates and/or on request by any statutory, regulatory or security agencies.
- DTDC shall not deliver consignments to PO Box addresses. Wherever DTDC carries out drop-box deliveries such as to ministry offices, armed forces establishments, certain government offices & high security zones, etc. DTDC shall not be providing proof of delivery and the parties shall accept the information provided as final.
- Limited liability for Delay: In the event of any delay in delivery of a consignment, DTDC shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect losses or damages, including but not limited to loss of income or profits or claims by the parties or any other entity affected because of a delay.
- DTDC Liability: In the event of damage or loss or mis-delivery of a consignment, the maximum liability assumed by DTDC on a consignment is limited to Rs. 100 unless the sender declares a higher value as “declared value for carriage” and also pays the applicable Risk Surcharge thereof as “Carriers Risk” at the time of tendering the consignment.
- Risk Surcharge :
- If the sender has availed of external insurance, the same shall be declared on the consignment note as “Owner Risk” and the applicable surcharge thereof shall be paid at the time of tendering the consignment. In such cases DTDC to issue the “COF - Certificate Of Facts” if the consignment getsdamaged or lost while in transit. In cases of external insurance by the Parties, in the event of receiving of claim amount or any part thereof from the insurers, the Parties agree not to subrogate their rights in favor of the insurers.
- If the sender opts for transportation of consignment at “Carrier Risk” then the sender shall pay Risk Surcharge in accordance with the rates mentioned below
- The Risk Surcharge for “Owner Risk” or “Carrier Risk” shall be calculated as per the minimum charges or percentage of the Declared Value for Carriage, whichever is higher. Service Tax shall be applicable on the applicable Risk Surcharge.
RISK SURCHARGE CALCULATION CHART Declared Value for Carriage OR percentage of the 'Declared value for Carriage' whichever is higher Owner Risk Carrier risk Not Opted for any Risk Cover 0 to ₹ 50,000 0.2% or ₹ 25 2% 0 ₹ 50,000 to ₹ 1 Lakhs 0.10% 2% User has to select one option ₹ 1 Lakhs & ₹ 2 Lakhs 0.10% 1% User has to select one option ₹ 2 Lakhs & ₹ 10 Lakhs 0.10% x User has to select only owner Above ₹ 10 Lakhs x x x
Under “Owner Risk” Minimum risk surcharge shall be Rs. 25/- or 0.2% of the Declared Value for Carriage (DVC) whichever is higher up to a value of Rs. 1,00,000/- and between Rs. 1,00,001/- and Rs. 5,00,000/- the same shallbe 0.1% of the DVC. DTDC shall not accept consignments having a DVC above Rs. 5,00,000/- under “Owner Risk” Under “Carrier Risk” minimum risk surcharge shall be Rs. 50/- or 2% of the DVC, whichever is higher and between Rs. 1,00,001/- and Rs. 2,00,000/- of DVC the risk surcharge shall be calculated at 1% of the DVC. DTDC shall not accept consignments having DVC above Rs. 2,00,000/- under “Carrier Risk”.
- In the absence of declaring “Declared Value for Carriage” on the Consignment Note at the time of tendering a consignment to DTDC, DTDC’s automatic liability shall be limited to a maximum of Rs. 100/- per consignment or value of goods whichever is lower
- Fragile/breakable articles such as TV Sets, articles made of glass or porcelain, glassware, and items of extra ordinary value such as crystals, paintings, antiques etc, and commodities which are perishable in nature shall not be covered under “Carrier Risk”. DTDC’s liability shall be limited to a maximum of Rs. 100 while shipping such commodities
- The “Declared Value for Carriage” must be less than or equal to the value of goods.
- All claims in respect of loss or damage of consignment shall be made within a period of 30 days from the date of tendering a consignment to DTDC. Any claim requests received after this period shall not be entertained. Similarly freight refund requests shall not be entertained beyond 30 days from the date of shipping.
- Freight Refund: The refund of freight shall not be entertained if a service failure is resulted from any Force Majeure conditions such as strikes, bandhs, elections, rains, floods, fire, accidents or other natural calamities and any other events such as sudden or planned road closures or traffic diversions during festivals, political rallies, religious processions etc or any other reasons beyond direct control of DTDC. This also includes any routine or sudden inspections carried out by any authorities or tax recovery agencies such as but not limited to Excise, Customs, Sales Tax, municipalities or any other authorities competent to inspect goods or vehicles.
- The Parties shall pay the freight and other charges at the time of booking or within the credit period stipulated. In case of non- payment of freight and charges within the stipulated time, the Parties shall be liable for payment of interest at the rate of 24% per annum. The freight invoices will be raised as per the agreed billing cycle in the service contract between the parties and DTDC.
- If the Parties do not take delivery of the consignment or it remains undelivered due to any reason such as wrong or incomplete address or refusal by recipient to pay any applicable duties / taxes / charges or containing prohibited items or if the packaging of a consignment is damaged to the extent that repacking is not possible resulting in non delivery or the consignment is found as likely to cause damage to other goods or cause injury to individuals, then the Parties shall still be liable to pay freight charges and all other dues and charges to DTDC. In case of the consignment remain undelivered beyond 48 hours from the date of tendering the consignment for delivery, then demurrage / warehouse charges at the rate of 0.1% of the consignment invoice value per day will be charged or at such other rates as may be fixed by DTDC from time to time. If the consignment is not received or claimed within a month from the date of tendering the consignment for delivery for the first time, then the DTDC shall have the right to proceed with the sale of the goods to realize all its dues.
- The Parties shall not be entitled to deduct/adjust/set off any amount due to DTDC on the ground of claims arising out of reasons including loss of any tax invoices, way bills, delivery chalans, etc. However, DTDC will extend all reasonable cooperation to the Parties to help them to reconstruct duplicate copies of such documents, whenever provisions are available.
- DTDC shall have a general lien (along with Carrier’s lien) on all consignment in its possession, custody or control for any payment whatsoever due from the Parties or from a owner of a consignment and such lien shall extend to freight charges, duties & taxes or any other charges arising out of transaction here under.
- Directors, owners, partners and share holders of DTDC shall not be personally liable for any claims or liabilities arising out of service failures resulting out of situations, circumstances, omissions, errors, failures or misleading statements/guidance from any employees of DTDC or of its channel partners or of its authorized agents.
- All disputes or differences or claims arising in respect of the consignment here under or regarding the rights and obligations under transaction here under or regarding meaning or interpretation of these terms between the Parties and DTDC are agreed to be referred to adjudication by arbitration with the Parties and the DTDC appointing One arbitrator each and the said two arbitrators by mutual consent appointing a third arbitrator. The venue of arbitration shall be at BANGALORE only. Courts at Bangalore alone shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate all claims arising in respect of the consignment under this agreement.
- The consignment note is not a tax invoice. A tax invoice will be made available by DTDC or its’ channel partner as the case may be, upon request.